The Coaches Book Club
The Coaches Book Club was formed in 2019 and is now in its second year. It is free to attend and open to all coaches who would like to connect online with like-minded people to explore and discuss coach-related books.
The group’s purpose is:
- To provide focus on reading and learning from coach-related reading material
- A source of structured CPD
- Connect and network with other coaches
We have already discussed a wide range of popular and lesser known books about (or loosely related to) coaching, including:
* ‘Time to Think’ by Nancy Kline
* ‘Humble Inquiry’ by Edgar H Shein
* ‘How will you measure your life’ by Clayton Christensen
* ‘Authentic: How to be yourself and why it matters’ by Stephen Joseph
* ‘Clean Approaches for Coaches’ by Marian Way
We meet on the third or last Wednesday of every month, alternating between lunchtime and early evening sessions.
Dates for 2020 are:
- Weds 15th January – 12.30pm to 1.30pm UK time
- Weds 18th March – 6.30pm to 7.30pm UK time
- Weds 20th May – 12.30pm to 1.30pm UK time
- Weds 15th July – 6.30pm to 7.30pm UK time
- Weds 16th Sept – 12.30pm to 1.30pm UK time
- Weds 18th Nov – 6.30pm to 7.30pm UK time
We also have a newly established Facebook page for our group which you are welcome to join and can access through this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cleanlanguagecoachesbookclub/?ref=bookmarks
We invite you all to pass on the word about the Online Coaches Book Club so we can grow this group and ensure a good turn-out for every meet up. Thank you!
What people are saying:
Isabela shared a quote by Karl Lagerfeld which she felt was very relevant to the group:
“For every book you buy, you should buy the time to read it.” Karl Lagerfeld
“Book club was really good – its a great initiative so thank you for that. It is nice to be able to have someone like yourself as the driving force of this!”
“Great first meeting of the new book club group for coaches. I enjoyed meeting other members and discussing our favourite reads and would recommend joining.”
The plan is that this group will become self-organising and self-sustaining. So active participants will be expected to suggest / recommend books for the group and occasionally host the sessions.
To be part of the group and receive regular invitations, reminders and email follow ups, please register here: http://eepurl.com/gdxVu1
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org