Welcome to the Clean Coaching Centre
The international training centre that provides highly effective online learning that’s ‘up close and personal’
- Take your coaching skills to another level
- Includes unique approaches developed by the late, great David Grove
- Live classes and supervised practice sessions with feedback
- A complete modular programme flexible to your needs and timescales
- Incorporating Clean Language, Clean Space and Emergent Knowledge
- Endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
What is Clean Coaching?
Clean Coaching provides a different, simple yet highly effective approach to one-to-one facilitation. It is a style, strategy and set of techniques that help coachees gain insight and make changes through discovering more about their own ‘insider’ perspective: of themselves and the world around them.
Through the use of specifically-phrased, structured coaching questions, the coach’s own biased perspectives are stripped from their language, ensuring the coachee’s unique personal experience is honoured. With no distraction, the coachee’s imagination is free to flourish and new ideas and understandings can emerge.
Our Complete ‘Clean Coaching’ Online Training Programme consists of FOUR MODULES which enable you to learn at your own pace and at a time that suits you. Whether you want to dip in and develop a fresh approach to your coaching, or dive deep and gain an ILM endorsed accreditation in Clean Coaching, we have something for you. The arrows above show the typical progression that students follow when learning with us, although each module is designed also to stand alone, so you can choose whichever module best serves your requirements.
Dates for 2022
- Clean Coaching Basics – For complete beginners and as a refresher, “A Crash Course in Creativity” is available to start anytime as a self-study distance learning course! Click here for full details. Cost £99.
- Clean Coaching Module One: “Gaining Insight through Movement”: Available as a self-study course anytime in 2022 – Click here for full details. Cost £198 (with discounts available).
- Clean Coaching Module Two: “Exploring Metaphors with Clean Language”: Available as a self-study course in 2022 – Click here for full details. Cost £198 (with discounts available)
- Clean Coaching Module Four: “Connecting and Expanding with Confidence”: Starts 29th Sept 2022. Click here for full details. Cost £595 (with discounts available)
Dates for 2023
- Clean Coaching Module One: “Gaining Insight through Movement”: Next in-person live training course starts 7th March 2023 – with EIGHT lives classes – FOUR content-rich learning and FOUR interactive reflection calls. Click here for full details. Cost £250 (with discounts available).
- Clean Coaching Module Two: “Exploring Metaphors with Clean Language”: Next in-person live training starts 24th May 2023 – with FOUR content-rich learning and FOUR interactive reflection calls. Click here for full details. Cost £250 (with discounts available).
- Clean Coaching Module Three: “Gaining Insight from New Perspectives”: Starts 12th Sept 2023. Weekly calls over three months. Click here for full details. Cost £595 (with discounts available).
- Clean Coaching Module Four: “Connecting and Expanding with Confidence”: Provisional dates from Thurs 18th January 2024. Click here for full details. Cost £595 (with discounts available)
For full details and dates on all training courses, please click on the ‘Training’ tab from the above menu and select the name of the course you would like more on.
To be kept informed of future dates, please sign up to our newsletter (scroll down to bottom of page for sign-up link)
View our brochure for the year ahead
The Clean Coaching Training Modules
We suggest you start learning here! This module provides simple frameworks and useful guides that you can put into immediate practice within your coaching. It incorporates the basics of Clean Language, Clean Space and Grove’s ‘Emergent Knowledge’ theory of change.
What you will gain: The confidence and know-how to facilitate clients to make transformational changes using core ‘Clean’ principles and techniques.
Suitable for experienced coaches who are interested in learning Clean Language to incorporate into their own coaching frameworks. The course emphasises the value of working with client’s self-generated metaphors as a creative approach.
What you will gain: An understanding of how to enter a client’s inner world through metaphors & help them explore issues & reach solutions from a deeper source of knowledge.
Building on the ‘EK’ principles covered on Module One. Includes working with paper and the coachee’s writing and drawings; working from different directions, exploring boundaries; working with different coachee ‘selves’; exploring past, present and future; and much more. What you will gain: Confidence to work with coachees cleanly using a variety of different mediums and techniques, including space; movement; direction; written words and drawings; plus a deeper understanding of Grove’s EK concepts.
“Connecting and Expanding with Confidence”
Going beyond basic CL questions and covering advanced concepts to help you build strategies for working Cleanly with your coachee. It covers systems thinking, modelling skills and understanding parts, as well as learning specialist questions to identify scales, perceiver perspectives and giving a voice to personified symbols. What you will gain: Confidence and competence to use Clean Language in different ways and with challenging clients, plus a deeper understanding of how you can use Clean Language at your very best
Free Audio Recordings
Want to learn more about Clean Coaching?
Please complete the ‘contact us’ form below to register your details and we will send you a link to access to two audio recordings:
1) Getting from A to B with ‘EK’: This is an hour-long audio class delivered by Angela Dunbar, who explains more about the process then conducts a fascinating demonstration with a class participant.
2) The Spaces of Clean Coaching: a rare resource featuring David Grove, the originator of Clean Language and other Clean processes, describing the “Clean Coaching with EK” process.
You will also be asked for your consent for us to keep in touch through our occasional e-newsletter to keep you informed of future news, recordings, articles, events and training workshops as they are scheduled.
About Angela Dunbar
Angela is an accredited coach, coach trainer and supervisor, in full time practice since 1994. As a former council member of the Association for Coaching, Angela is passionate about developing coaches and was a 2010/11 Nominee for the AC Honorary Award for “Impact” within the coaching profession. In 2012 Angela was made an Honorary Life Fellow of the AC in recognition of her contribution to the profession.
Angela is an expert in the use of Clean Language and other Clean techniques, with hundreds of hours of practical experience. Angela’s first book “Essential Life Coaching Skills” was published by Routledge in 2009. Angela combines a solid understanding of psychological theory with a practical approach for self-understanding and change.
Go to Angela’s ‘Linked-In‘ profile for an up-to the minute summary of her activity and to see many endorsements and recommendations on her skills and professionalism. Plus you can visit the Trusted Coach Directory for candid reviews in a ‘tripadvisor’ style.
Visit Angela’s personal website for more information about coaching and supervision services.
Buy “Essential Life Coaching Skills” now via Routledge.
Clean Coaching Basics: “A Crash Course in Creativity”
*** Start any time with the stand alone, self-study course ***
Course covers the basics of Clean Language and EK, applied to coaching in a highly practical way.
Cost just £99.00 and includes four hour-long recordings of live webinars plus various learning materials (copies of visuals from the webinars, sample book chapters, articles etc).
Suitable for new and experienced coaches who want to bring a creative approach into their coaching.
– Covers the basics of Clean Language, Clean Space and Emergent Knowledge
– With an emphasis on practical take-aways and easy to implement questions and models
– Plus practical ways to make coaching more creative
Last but not least, I also wanted to express as a final word is a profound and heartfelt “thank you” to you, Angela. I loved the course, and cherish my deeper awareness regarding the importance and the impact of clean language and I’m so impressed by your leading the webinar in terms of inspiration, clarity, eloquence, bringing spontaneous examples and picking up on what participants said earlier in order to build and finish off the arc of a session. Just wonderful and I can truly say that this is the best online course I’ve been on so far
It's been an incredible journey learning from you - your passion for Clean, your knowledge and wisdom, your generosity, and the incredible quality of your courses and course materials have always inspired and motivated me. You are my model for coaching and training done right
I just wanted to drop you an e-mail to say how much I gained from the module. I found it extremely informative and the practical application sessions have proved invaluable. It has most definitely helped me to embed clean techniques in my own coaching sessions and the results have proved very effective.